Friday, May 22, 2009

Easter Break Part 7: Back in Lancaster

(4/9) I arrived in Lancaster around 11am and went straight to my flat. I unpacked all my stuff and then did a TON of laundry. While the laundry was going I hopped online and did some work for my online classes. That afternoon I met up with Amanda, Urmie, and Rosie and watched the Life Aquatic and ate Ben & Jerry's. In the evening I headed down to Grad Bar and met up with the usual suspects for a few pints of quality ale.


(4/10) My first full day back was spent basking in laziness. I did a little work in the morning, then spent most of the day watching movies such as Donnie Darko, Choke, and The Departed. That evening I went out with some friends to WalkAbout, then came back to my flat and Skyped with Amanda (Bennett) for the first time.


(4/11) The weather was particularly beautiful so Amanda, Rosie, and I went into town to walk around. When we arrived in town we decided to go do a tour of the castle. It was pretty interesting. After the castle tour we went to the one Mexican restaurant in town for lunch and then got some amazing hot chocolate at a tucked away coffee shop. That night I watched Choke again, but this time with Amanda and Rosie. Amanda was so hooked on the movie that she watched it 2 more times after I left.


(4/12) EASTER!!! Since all of us were thousands of miles from our families we decided to get together and enjoy the holiday together. Amanda, Rosie, Urmie, and I met up at Amanda's flat around 10am and whipped up a delicious brunch of omlettes, potatoes, and mimosas. The rest of the day I just napped and bummed around. In the evening all of us met up again plus Rosemary, and met up at Rosie's flat for dinner. We had sun-dried tomato pesto, salad, bruschetta, and finished it off with my signature bananas foster, yummmmmmmm! It was really nice to enjoy Easter with my new friends.

No comments: